This qualification covers the skills and knowledge required for an entry level real estate sales or property management support person.
This course includes the units required by NSW Fair Trading to apply for a Certificate of Registration to sell or lease property in NSW, whilst working for a licenced agent.
This course is provided at Southern Cross Catholic Vocational College Burwood by Real Estate Training Solutions P/L (RTO ID 90897)
CPP30211 – Certificate III in Property Services (Agency)
- This course is provided at Southern Cross Catholic Vocational College Burwood by Real Estate Training Solutions P/L (RTO ID 90897)
The following patterns of study are possible (availability will be confirmed by the school):
- 120 hour course over one year in Year 12, students achieve a Statement of Attainment towards Certificate III in Property Services (Agency).
- 240 hour course that runs over 2 years, students achieve a Statement of Attainment towards Certificate III in Property Services (Agency).
- 300 hour course that runs over 2 years, students have the opportunity to achieve Certificate III in Property Services (Agency).
This is a Board Endorsed Course and therefore no HSC examination. It cannot be counted towards an ATAR.
NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) strongly recommends students undertake work placement for both the 240 and 300 hour courses.
Days worked as part of a School Based Traineeship satisfy this NESA requirement.
This course is competency based and the student’s performance is recognised against a prescribed industry standard. Assessment strategies may include:
- Student demonstration
- Questioning (Case Studies, Completion of Property Forms)
- Written tasks
Students are given a number of opportunities to demonstrate competence across the range of competency standards covered by this course.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
You may be entitled to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning. If you have completed any training, either through your part-time work, TAFE or other school VET courses you have completed recently, or through experience gained in other ways you can apply for RPL. You should talk to your School VET Coordinator, Careers Adviser or course teacher for further information.
A course fee is generally charged by schools to cover consumable materials. Your school will provide further advice.
Units of Competency
To be eligible for this qualification you must successfully complete 14 units: 5 core, 9 elective
- CPPDSM3009A Maintain workplace safety in the property industry
- CPPDSM3010B Meet customer needs and expectations in the property industry
- CPPDSM3015B Use and maintain property and client information databases
- CPPDSM3018B Identify risks to agency operations
- CPPDSM4080A Work in the real estate industry**
- CPPDSM3004A Assist in marketing properties for sale
- CPPDSM3005A Assist with sale of properties
- CPPDSM3006B Collect and process property information
- CPPDSM3013A Perform and record property management activities and transactions
- CPPDSM3019 Communicate with clients as part of agency operations **
- CPPDSM4007A Identify legal and ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work **
- CPPDSM4008A Identify legal and ethical requirements of sales to complete agency work **
- BSBCMM301 Process customer complaints
- BSBINM301 Organise workplace information
** Units designated those that relate to the Certificate of Registration for Real Estate in NSW – for more information on what this is go to www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au
- CPP40307 Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate)
Following a successful outcome, relevant job roles may include a career as a: real estate sales or property management support person.
Duties and Tasks
Real estate sales or property management support person may perform the following tasks:
- lease, manage, value, buy and sell residential, rural, commercial and industrial property or businesses on behalf of their clients.
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Prepared to follow high ethical standards
- Confidence, dedication and application
- Preparedness to work long hours with late nights and weekend work
- Enthusiasm for working in a fluctuating market with intense competition
- High-level planning and organisational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Neat personal appearance
For further information: http://www.myskills.gov.au/
Type the qualification code into the search bar, then click on the qualification title.
Explore Career Pathways and Student Outcomes including Employment, Salary, Occupations.