Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways is nationally recognised entry-level qualification for successfully gaining and retaining employment in a variety of industries. This course would suit all students, especially those who would be advantaged by undertaking a focus on developing literacy, numeracy, data, employability and workplace learning skills.
FSK20119 – Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways
This is a 120 hour course that runs over 1 year. It may be possible to undertake a 180 hour course in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways.
This is a Board Endorsed Course and therefore has no HSC examination. It cannot be counted towards an ATAR.
NSW Education Standards Authority advises some work placement may be undertaken in this course if students are deemed ready for work placement.
This course is competency based and the student’s performance is recognised against a prescribed industry standard. Assessment strategies may include:
- Student demonstration
- Written tasks
Students are given a number of opportunities to demonstrate competence across the range of competency standards covered by this course.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
You may be entitled to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning. If you have completed any training, either through your part-time work, TAFE or other school VET courses you have completed recently, or through experience gained in other ways you can apply for RPL. You should talk to your School VET Coordinator, Careers Adviser or course teacher for further information.
A course fee is generally charged by schools to cover consumable materials. Your school will provide further advice.
Units of Competency
To be eligible for FSK20119 – Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways you must successfully complete: 14U: 1 Core, 13 Elect (max 5A; min 5B); 3 other:
Preliminary or HSC
- FSKRDG009 Read and respond to routine standard operating procedures
- FSKLRG009 Use strategies to respond to routine workplace problems
- FSKRDG010 Read and respond to routine workplace information
- FSKRDG008 Read and respond to information in routine visual and graphic texts
- FSKNUM014 Calculate with whole numbers and familiar fractions, decimals and percentages for work
- FSKNUM015 Estimate, measure and calculate with routine metric measurements for work
- FSKDIG003 Use digital technology for non-routine workplace tasks
- FSKLRG010 Use routine strategies for career planning
- FSKLRG011 Use routine strategies for work-related learning (Core)
- FSKWTG009 Write routine workplace texts
- FSKOCM004 Use oral communication skills to participate in workplace meetings
- FSKOCM007 Interact effectively with others at work
- BSBOPS203 Deliver a service to customers
- FNSFLT211 Develop and use personal budgets
- BSBWHS211 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- Qualifications in a range of industries.
This qualification will assist students aquire literacy, numeracy, digital and workplace learning skills to undertake employment and further study.
Duties and Tasks
This will be dependent on associated VET competencies and qualificaitons.
- Enjoy working with people
- A helpful, courteous manner
- Neat personal appearance
- Good communication skills
For further information: http://www.myskills.gov.au/
Type the qualification code into the search bar, then click on the qualification title.
Explore Career Pathways and Student Outcomes including Employment, Salary, Occupations.
Course Flyer: SKILLS FOR WORK AND VOCATIONAL PATHWAYS FLYER for Subject Selection.