This qualification is nationally recognised entry-level qualifications for employment in a variety of industries. This course would suit students who would be advantaged by undertaking a focus on developing literacy, numeracy, data and workplace learning skills.
FSK10219 Certificate I in Skills for Vocational Pathways
This is a 100 hour Year 9 or 10 elective course that runs over 1 year.
This is a Board Endorsed Course for Stage 5 students. It can contribute to the Record of School Achievement (RoSA).
There is no mandatory NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) work placement component for Stage 5 VET courses. However, work placement may be required for school-based assessments.
This course is competency based and the student’s performance is recognised against a prescribed industry standard. Assessment strategies may include:
- Student demonstration
- Written tasks
Students are given a number of opportunities to demonstrate competence across the range of competency standards covered by this course.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
You may be entitled to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning. If you have completed any training, either through your part-time work, TAFE or other school VET courses you have completed recently, or through experience gained in other ways you can apply for RPL. You should talk to your School VET Coordinator, Careers Adviser or course teacher for further information.
A course fee is generally charged by schools to cover consumable materials. Your school will provide further advice.
Units of Competency
To be eligible for FSK10219 Certificate I in Skills for Vocational Pathways you must successfully complete: 11Units: 1 Core, 10 Elect (max 3A; min 5B; 2 other):
Year 9 or 10
- FSKRDG009 Read and respond to routine standard operating procedures
- FSKLRG008 Use simple strategies for work related learning
- FSKOCM003 Participate in familiar spoken interactions at work
- FSKRDG005 Read and respond to simple and familiar workplace procedures
- FSKNUM008 Use whole numbers and simple fractions, decimals and percentages for work
- FSKNUM009 Use familiar and simple metric measurements for work
- FSKDIG002 Use digital technology for routine and simple workplace task
- BSBDAT201 Collect and record data
- FSKRDG007 Read and respond to simple workplace information
- FSKWTG005 Write simple workplace formatted texts
- FSKWTG006 Write simple workplace information
- FSKLRG003 Use short and simple strategies for career planning
- Students can continue into Stage 6 vocational courses, undertaking qualifications in their preferred industry.
This qualification will assist students aquire literacy, numeracy, digital and workplace learning skills to undertake further vocational study.
Duties and Tasks
This will be dependent on associated VET competencies and qualificaitons.
- Enjoy working with people
- A helpful, courteous manner
- Neat personal appearance
- Good communication skills
For further information: http://www.myskills.gov.au/
Type the qualification code into the search bar, then click on the qualification title.
Explore Career Pathways and Student Outcomes including Employment, Salary, Occupations.
Course Flyer: STAGE 5 FOUNDATION SKILLS FOR VOCATIONAL PATHWAYS FLYER for Subject Selection.