Stage 5 Skills for Vocational Pathways is nationally recognised entry-level qualification for successfully gaining and retaining employment in a variety of industries. This course would suit all students, especially those who would be advantaged by undertaking a focus on developing literacy, numeracy, data, employability and workplace learning skills.
FSK10219 – Certificate I in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways.
Students who successfully complete all the units of competency in the Stage 5 Foundation Skills course will be eligible for the full qualification.
This is a 100 hour course that runs over 1 year in either Year 9 or 10.
This is a Board Endorsed Course for Stage 5 students. It can contribute to the Record of School Achievement (RoSA).
There is no mandatory NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) work placement component for Stage 5 VET courses. However, work placement may be required for school-based assessments.
This course is competency based and the student’s performance is recognised against a prescribed industry standard. Assessment strategies may include:
- Student demonstration
- Written tasks
Students are given a number of opportunities to demonstrate competence across the range of competency standards covered by this course.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
You may be entitled to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning. If you have completed any training, either through your part-time work, TAFE or other school VET courses you have completed recently, or through experience gained in other ways you can apply for RPL. You should talk to your School VET Coordinator, Careers Adviser or course teacher for further information.
A course fee is generally charged by schools to cover consumable materials. Your school will provide further advice.
Units of Competency
To be eligible for FSK20119 – Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways you must successfully complete: 11U: 1 Core, 10 Elect :
- FSKLRG008 Use simple strategies for work related learning (Core)
- FSKOCM003 Participate in familiar spoken interactions at work
- FSKRDG005 Read and respond to simple and familiar workplace procedures
- FSKNUM008 Use whole numbers and simple fractions, decimals and percentages for work
- FSKNUM009 Use familiar and simple metric measurements for work
- FSKDIG002 Use digital technology for routine and simple workplace task
- BSBDAT201 Collect and record data
- FSKRDG007 Read and respond to simple workplace information
- FSKWTG005 Write simple workplace formatted texts
- FSKWTG006 Write simple workplace information
- FSKLRG003 Use short and simple strategies for career planning
- Qualifications in a range of industries.
This qualification will assist students aquire literacy, numeracy, digital and workplace learning skills to undertake employment and further study.
Duties and Tasks
This will be dependent on associated VET competencies and qualificaitons.
- Enjoy working with people
- A helpful, courteous manner
- Neat personal appearance
- Good communication skills
For further information: http://www.myskills.gov.au/
Type the qualification code into the search bar, then click on the qualification title.
Explore Career Pathways and Student Outcomes including Employment, Salary, Occupations.
Course Flyer: SKILLS FOR WORK AND VOCATIONAL PATHWAYS FLYER for Subject Selection.