For students in Years 10, 11 and 12, externally-delivered VET (EVET) courses may be available to those who wish to complete a VET qualification that is not delivered at their own school. EVET courses are available at:
- Sydney Catholic Schools Trade Training/Skills Centres
- TAFE Colleges (TVET)
- Private Providers
Schools have responsibility for managing applications and students must always discuss their options with their school coordinator. For students in systemic Catholic schools, where a course is available at a Sydney Catholic Schools TTC/TSC within reasonable travelling distance, students must attend this course rather than with another provider.
When applying for an EVET course, students and their parents will need to show that:
- Career pathway planning is integral to the student’s course selection
- The student understands the commitment required, including:
- The completion of all course requirements, including mandatory work placement
- Regular attendance. Students are responsible for arranging their own travel and meeting the travel costs
- Time-tabling issues which may require students to catch up on class work missed at school
Click here for the EVET Expression of Interest form
EVET at Trade Training/Skills Centres (TTC/TSCs)
- Southern Cross Catholic Vocational College Burwood [School code: 10996]
- Saint Yon Trade Training Centre Bankstown [School code: 77695]
- St Joseph Trades Skills Centre Hinchinbrook [School code: 77700] and
- Ngalangill Ngarandhii TTC at Champagnat Catholic College Pagewood [School code: 11075].
Each of these centres has state of the art, industry-standard facilities where students can undertake vocational qualifications. While students may enrol full time at our TTC/TSCs, many courses are also offered one session per week (usually in the afternoon) so that students can attend part-time as external students. The courses offered are intended to complement those already offered at schools and to provide students with a broader range of VET subject options. In some specialisation courses, students are able to complete full certificate III qualifications that are not available at their home school.
How do I apply?
- Select the course you are interested in from the above Overview of courses available at TTC/TSCs. Read the requirements of the course in the VET Courses section of this website.
- Complete the EVET Expression of Interest form and give it to your school Coordinator. Only applications that are supported by the student’s home school will be considered.
- When your expression of interest has been approved by your school, click on the link below for the TTC/TSC you wish to attend and complete the online application form. (Before applying, you will need to obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI). If you don’t already have one, go to https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi)
Saint Yon Trade Training Centre, Bankstown
St Joseph Trade Skills Centre, Hinchinbrook
Champagnat Catholic College, Pagewood
- First round applications will close on Friday 7 September 2018.
- Students must investigate courses carefully and attend any interviews or information sessions required by the TTC/TSC to ensure they are making well-informed course choices. Some courses also involve completion of a selection test.
- Once applications have been received, the relevant TTC/TSC will contact the school to confirm details provided by the student and determine viability of running courses (subject to there being sufficient student numbers). The TTC/TSC will notify schools if the student’s application has been successful and provide further information about course schedules, days and times.
- Once enrolments have been confirmed, the TTC/TSC will invoice schools for the student levy.
Information for Schools
2019 EVET Guidelines for systemic schools (intranet login required)