For students in Years 10, 11 and 12, externally-delivered VET (EVET) courses may be available to those who wish to complete a VET qualification that is not delivered at their own school. EVET courses are available at:
- Sydney Catholic Schools Trade Training/Skills Centres
- TAFE Colleges (TVET)
- Private Providers
Schools have responsibility for managing applications and students must always discuss their options with their school coordinator. For students in systemic Catholic schools, where a course is available at a Sydney Catholic Schools TTC/TSC within reasonable travelling distance, students must attend this course rather than with another provider.
When applying for an EVET course, students and their parents will need to show that:
- Career pathway planning is integral to the student’s course selection
- The student understands the commitment required, including:
- The completion of all course requirements, including mandatory work placement
- Regular attendance. Students are responsible for arranging their own travel and meeting the travel costs
- Time-tabling issues which may require students to catch up on class work missed at school
EVET at Trade Training/Skills Centres (TTC/TSCs)
- Southern Cross Catholic Vocational College Burwood [School code: 10996]
- Saint Yon Trade Training Centre Bankstown [School code: 77695]
- St Joseph Trades Skills Centre Hinchinbrook [School code: 77700] and
- Ngalangill Ngarandhii TTC at Champagnat Catholic College Pagewood [School code: 11075].
Each of these centres has state of the art, industry-standard facilities where students can undertake vocational qualifications. While students may enrol full time at our TTC/TSCs, many courses are also offered one session per week (usually in the afternoon) so that students can attend part-time as external students. The courses offered are intended to complement those already offered at schools and to provide students with a broader range of VET subject options. In some specialisation courses, students are able to complete full certificate III qualifications that are not available at their home school.
What courses are available?
How do I apply?
- Select the course you are interested in, complete the EVET Expression of Interest form and give it to your school Coordinator. Only applications that are supported by the student’s home school will be considered.
- When your expression of interest has been approved by your school, click on the link below for the TTC/TSC you wish to attend and complete the application form. (Before applying, you will need to obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI). If you don’t already have one, go to https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi)
Saint Yon Trade Training Centre, Bankstown
St Joseph Trade Skills Centre, Hinchinbrook
Champagnat Catholic College, Pagewood
- First round applications will close on Friday 7 September 2018.
- Students must investigate courses carefully and attend any information sessions required by the TTC/TSC to ensure they are making well-informed course choices.
- Once applications have been received, the relevant TTC/TSC will contact the school to confirm details provided by the student and determine viability of running courses (subject to there being sufficient student numbers). The TTC/TSC will notify schools if the student’s application has been successful and provide further information about course schedules, days and times.
- Once enrolments have been confirmed, the TTC/TSC will invoice schools for the student levy.